Friday, September 18, 2009

"Today" by Dr. Dog




This is one of my favorite songs by Dr. Dog, a highly under-rated band. Why they aren't more popular is beyond me.

I find critics to be too dismissive of this band. I read a review once that said their sound was "too reminiscent of The Beatles and The Band." Maybe I'm the fucking crazy one here, but lest I'm mistaken, that's a good thing. The Beatles and The Band are two of the best bands of all time. How is sounding like them a bad thing? That would be like saying: "Oh yeah, thing A is okay, but I think it feels a little bit too much like Star Wars and great sex..."

Since they are so unfortunately unpopular, the only clip of this song I found online was this live version. But, do yourself a favor, and get a hold of their first two albums Easy Beat and We All Belong as soon as you get the chance. They are great albums and you won't be sorry you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment